Tough in Pyjamas
«Tough in Pyjamas»: Experience life in the wilderness
Hammock or hotel bed? Both, please! “Tough in Pyjamas” is our package that lets you experience both life in the wilderness and hotel comfort. An adventure for families, groups of friends, colleagues and couples that will take you close to nature!
You’ll spend the first day in Vanncampen, where you’ll cook all your food outside, sleep in hammocks and enjoy the stillness and the simple life. You travel alone from the Mountain lodge in a kayak, canoe or rowing boat.
The next day, you will hike to the iconic Preikestolen – Norway’s most visited natural attraction. And, once your body and mind are filled with outdoor adventure, it’ll be time for some delightful relaxation with great food and a comfortable night’s sleep at Preikestolen Mountain Lodge.
Season: June, July, August
- The first day is spent at Vanncampen – where you will paddle around, cook over a campfire and sleep in a hammock.
- After an open-air breakfast, you will paddle back to Preikestolen Mountain Lodge where you will check in.
- Then it’s time to pack your bag, grab your packed lunch and hike up to the iconic Preikestolen.
- After the hike, you are welcome to enjoy the Hiker’s Lounge, where you can share hiking experiences and enjoy local pastries and more.
- The day ends with dinner at the Mountain Lodge with a great view out over Refsvatnet and Vanncampen.
- After a good night’s sleep and a hearty breakfast, it’s time to check out. There’s time for one last hike for those that fancy it.
Tough in Pyjamas – day one
Check in at 1 p.m. (or at another agreed time)
Check out by 11.30 a.m. at the latest
You’ll arrive at Preikestolen Mountain Lodge in the afternoon in your own vehicle or via public transport (see separate info).
Our guide will be ready and waiting to meet you in the reception at 1 p.m. and will provide you with practical information about your stay. Then you’ll make your way down to Refsvatnet, where you’ll cast off and head to peaceful Torsnes, where Vanncampen is located.
The canoe or kayak trip takes a maximum of 20 minutes.
You will also be provided with a kayak, canoe and/or paddleboard and all the necessary equipment for your trip on the water.
Our guide will transport the luggage and food and provide necessary information before you are left to your own devices
Vanncampen consists of a covered jetty with a small boathouse, a privy and a large campfire shelter. There is capacity for up to 15 hammocks under the roof – you’ll find sleeping in a hammock out in the fresh air to be quite an experience!
But before night falls, there is time for lots of activity – various water sports, fishing or a hike. We also offer paddling courses for those who fancy it.
There are barbecue packages prepared for you for when you get hungry. All you need to do is light the campfire and get started. And just enjoy relaxing in the campfire glow – when night falls, there is nothing more magical than cosying up around a campfire.
After which it’s time to jump into bed – quite literally. Rock yourself to sleep, enjoy sweet dreams and wake up with the option of a fresh morning swim just a few yards away. In any case, a cup of coffee will taste heavenly on the jetty!
After an open-air breakfast, it is time to wash up, pack your things and paddle back to Preikestolen Mountain Lodge.
What’s included in Vanncampen
- Luggage and food transport to and from the camp
- Canoes, kayaks and paddleboards with necessary equipment
- Barbecue package (3 types of meat, seasonal vegetables, baked potato – vegetarian options possible)
- Popcorn for the campfire
- Breakfast package (coffee/tea/cocoa, pancake mix/french toast, jam)
- Wood, charcoal and cooking utensils for cooking
- Washing up equipment
What’s not included
- Transport to Preikestolen Mountain Lodge
- Sleeping bag
- Sleeping mat
- Drinks with meals
- Paddling course
What you should bring
- Swimwear and towel
- A change of clothes, hat and something warm to wear in the evening
- Wool underwear to sleep in
- Rainwear (check the weather forecast)
- Fishing gear
It is possible to rent waterproof jackets/trousers at the Mountain Lodge.
Tough in Pyjamas – day two
Once back from Vanncampen, we invite you to enjoy 24 hours at the Preikestolen Mountain Lodge. Here both delicious food and soft hotel beds await – but before this, there is time for a hike up to the iconic Preikestolen, which towers 604 metres above Lysefjorden. We will prepare packed lunches for you to take on your hike.
And what a hike it will be! Preikestolen is the most visited natural attraction in Norway. There is no shortcut to the unique experience – the plateau can only be reached by foot. Well, aside from when the spectacular scenes from “Mission Impossible – Fallout” were filmed there in 2018. A little extra is needed when Tom Cruise is in action!
The 9 km round trip takes around 5 hours, which includes breaks along the way and a long break on the plateau so you can eat your packed lunch, enjoy the view and take pictures. You should be in reasonable physical condition to keep up with the group, and children should usually be at least 7 years old to join.
We recommend light hiking boots and comfortable hiking clothing (check the weather forecast).
You are welcome in the Hiker’s Lounge in the Mountain Lodge between 3 p.m. and 5 p.m. Here we offer coffee and tea, local pastries and fruit for all our guests. A great opportunity to relax, share hiking experiences and maybe get inspiration for new excursions.
A three-course dinner is served in the dining hall from 6 p.m. We offer a rich selection of drinks – locally produced apple cider, local beer and a wide selection of wines.
And as the evening draws to a close, you can enjoy the full hotel experience – you’ll sleep in our light and comfortable rooms at the Mountain Lodge, with your own shower and toilet. A delicious breakfast buffet awaits you in the morning and is available from 7 a.m. until 9.30 a.m. You check out of the room by 11.30 a.m. at the latest.
Fancy a hike after breakfast before leaving? The area around the Mountain Lodge is home to several exciting hikes if you have the time and energy to explore new paths. We are happy to provide recommendations! You can of course take a shower in our service building after your hike.
This is included
- A packed lunch
- Overnight accommodation and breakfast
- 3-course dinner menu
What’s not included
- Drinks with meals
- A packed lunch on the day of departure
- Drinks and hiking snacks (can be purchased from the kiosk)
What to pack
- Light hiking boots
- Comfortable hiking clothes (check the weather forecast)
It’s possible to rent shoes, waterproof jackets/trousers and trekking poles from the Mountain Lodge.
Prices from NOK 2.500,- per person (minimum 4 people)
Other package deals
Our recommended hikes