Explorer Family Package
«Explorer Family Package» – two days packed full of adventures!
Some families want a little more than others. To experience more, learn more, live more. Are you such a family? Then we have the perfect package for you consisting of exciting outdoor adventures around Preikestolen Mountain Lodge on both land and water.
A hike to the iconic Preikestolen, Norway’s most visited natural attraction, is something everyone should experience. Describing the view from the plateau located 604 majestic metres above Lysefjord doesn’t do it justice, it needs to be experienced.
In addition, the local area offers up various activities – other hikes or water sports on Refsvatnet, which is located just below the Mountain Lodge. Here you can try out canoeing, kayaking or paddleboarding – everything is included in the package.
Season: June, July, August and September
The package includes
- Two nights in a family room for 2 adults and 2 children (7–15 years old)
- Breakfast and packed lunches on both days
- Access to the Hiker’s Lounge
- The three-course dinner menu on both days
- Free use of canoes, kayaks and paddleboards including the necessary equipment
- GPS run – a fun challenge where you have to work together to find posts and solve puzzles
Explorer day 1
- Arrival at Preikestolen Mountain Lodge in the afternoon in own vehicle or by public transport (see info about times)
- Check-in and practical information about current hikes, activities and equipment
- You choose between two living arrangements:
- Family room in Preikestolen Mountain Lodge, which is our main building. Each room has a private bathroom.
- Family room in Preikestolhytta, just below the Mountain Lodge. All the rooms have a sink with hot and cold water. Shared showers and toilets can be found in the hallway.
- Perhaps you’ll have time to try out some water sports before dinner? You are free to choose between canoeing, kayaking and paddleboarding. Life jackets, paddles and wetsuits are provided.
- You can also try your luck at fishing if you bring your own fishing rod.
- You are welcome in the Hiker’s Lounge in the Mountain Lodge between 3 p.m. and 5 p.m. Here we offer coffee/tea, local pastries and fruit for all our guests. A great opportunity to relax, share hiking experiences and maybe get inspiration for new adventures.
- A three-course dinner is served in the Mountain Lodge’s dining hall from 6 p.m. Yum!
Explorer day 2
Everything is set for a full day exploring the great outdoors! Depending on your mood, you can choose exactly what you want – go on a hike or explore various water sports. The enchanting lake Refsvatnet is located just below the Mountain Lodge!
Is Preikestolen on the agenda? Then it’s a good idea to get going early before too many others have the same plan. You can’t work on an empty stomach: we serve breakfast from 7 a.m. to 9.30 a.m. Remember to also prepare your packed lunches before leaving the dining hall!
There is no shortcut to the unique experience – the Pulpit Rock plateau can only be reached by foot. Well, aside from when the spectacular scenes from “Mission Impossible – Fallout” were filmed there in 2018. A little extra is needed when Tom Cruise is in action!
Factor in roughly five hours for the round trip including breaks along the way and a long break on the plateau so you can eat your packed lunch, enjoy the view and take lots of great pictures. The return trip is a total of 9 km and is through slightly hilly terrain. Although the trail has been improved in recent years, you need to be in reasonable physical condition.
Once back and having relaxed a little, it’s time for a new adventure if wanted. The whole family can complete a fun, educational and challenging GPS run around the Mountain Lodge.
The idea is simple: through using GPS, you will find your way to different posts in the terrain. Each post has a challenge that must be solved in the best possible way through collaboration, concentration and good communication within the team.
From 3 p.m. to 5 p.m., everyone is welcome in the Mountain Lodge’s Hiker’s Lounge in the room with the open fireplace. And whether you fancy going for a swim, exploring more of Refsvatnet or simply relaxing and enjoying the view, you are completely free to do as you please!
A three-course dinner is served in the Mountain Lodge’s dining hall from 6 p.m. We’re sure you’ll have built up an appetite!
Explorer day 3
All good things come in threes! While this is the departure day, it’s still possible to get a lot out of the day! A delicious breakfast buffet awaits you in the morning and is available from 7 a.m. until 9.30 a.m. Remember to prepare your packed lunch. You must check out of the room by 11.30 a.m. at the latest.
The area around the Mountain Lodge is home to several exciting hikes if you have the time and energy to explore new paths. Many people opt to try out one of our recommended hikes. There is a lot of great nature to be seen from trails that only take an hour. Or maybe you fancy giving paddleboarding one last try. You can of course take a shower in our service building afterwards.
This is included
Two nights of accommodation with breakfast
Packed lunch for two days
The three-course dinner menu for two days
Free use of canoes, kayaks and paddleboards including necessary equipment during the entire stay
Drinks with meals
Any paddling courses
Drinks and snacks for hiking
Souvenirs can be purchased in the kiosk at the Mountain Lodge
Transport to/from Preikestolen Mountain Lodge
What to pack
Good hiking boots and hiking clothes
Swimwear and beach towel
It’s possible to rent hiking boots, waterproof jackets/trousers and trekking poles from the Mountain Lodge.
Prices from NOK 7460,- for two adults and two children (7-15 years old) with everything included
Other package deals
Our recommended hikes