A fantastic surprise outing
«A fantastic surprise outing»: A slightly different team-building activity
Do you want to reward colleagues? Cheer up friends? Or enjoy a slightly different and memorable team-building activity? We’re ready and waiting – magnificent outdoor experiences, lots of fresh air and fun activities that tickle your funny bone and fuel your competitive spirit.
After a few hours of heroic effort, a reward awaits you in the form of an informative and refreshing beer tasting followed by a delicious, homemade dinner.
It is simple to book: you pick the date, we sort out the rest. Whether you want to stay the night with us or go home in the evening is also up to you. Of course, we recommend the comfy beds and delicious breakfast!
Summary of what’s included
- You will be picked up by bus from the ferry quay at Tau and driven to Preikestolen Mountain Lodge
- At the Mountain Lodge, you’ll be welcomed and taken through the schedule for the day
- You then choose between two alternative activities:
- A hike to Preikestolen with a ready-made packed lunch and drink
- Fun and challenging team activities around the Mountain Lodge
- After the hike or activities, you’ll receive a simple introduction to the art of brewing and you’ll get to do some beer tasting. You’ll love it!
- The day ends with an informal dinner after which you’ll take the bus back to Tau or slip into bed here at the Mountain Lodge.
- If you stay the night, there will be transport back to Tau after a hearty breakfast.
You are responsible for organising the ferry trip from Stavanger to Tau yourselves – incidentally, this is a lovely 40-minute trip. The bus will be waiting on the quay, ready to drive you to Preikestolen Mountain Lodge. This part of the journey that takes approximately half an hour.
We’ll welcome you at the Mountain Lodge reception and take you through the schedule for the rest of the day (we will have pre-agreed what activity you wish to do).
If you choose to hike to Preikestolen, the round trip takes around five hours. This also factors in a good break on the plateau – to enjoy the view, eat your packed lunch and take pictures.
If you opt for activities around the Mountain Lodge, we’ll put a fun programme together for you. Over the course of a few hours, your group will warm up, improve communication and work together. Out in the fresh air and beautiful surroundings, our skilled activity leader will follow the group around the various activities.
Once the hike or activity is completed, we gather in the Mountain Lodge for about an hour and a half. Here you’ll receive a simple introduction to the traditional art of beer brewing. You will of course also get to taste a selection of locally produced beers – including the Fjord Icon series from our sister company, Lilland Brewery Hotel. For those that don’t want to drink alcohol, we have various tasty alternatives.
The day ends with a lovely, informal dinner at the Mountain Lodge, with fantastic views over Refsvatnet. Here, both your palate and eyes are fully indulged!
For those travelling home, the last bus from the Mountain Lodge departs at 10.30 p.m. – this allows you to catch the last ferry to Stavanger. Of course, everyone who wants to is welcome to stay the night and enjoy a hearty breakfast before returning home.
The iconic Preikestolen
CNN Go and Lonely Planet describe Preikestolen as “the world’s most spectacular viewpoint”. Located 604 metres above sea level, Norway’s most visited tourist attraction awaits you.
The round trip takes roughly five hours including time to enjoy the spectacular view, and take selfies and other photos. The 9 km hike is through hilly terrain so you should be in reasonable physical condition.
It is otherwise important to wear footwear and clothes that are suitable for the weather and the trail conditions. Hiking boots, waterproof jackets/trousers and trekking poles can be rented from us.
This is included:
- Round trip bus service from and to Tau – or Jørpeland
- Packed lunch with a drink or lunch menu with a mineral water
- Team activities organised by our activity leader
- Introduction to beer brewing, incl. beer tasting – 5 varieties of beer
- Dinner – a buffet with grilled food, seasonal vegetables, salads and dessert
Drinks at dinner
Prices from NOK 1.555,- per person without overnight accommodation
Prices from NOK 1.975,- per person with overnight accommodation
Other package deals
Our recommended hikes